Friday, August 13, 2010

What matters most?

I think our initial reaction on how to answer the question “what matters most to you?” depends on who you are and where you are in life. For example, a man may think “my wife and kids,” and a women may think “my family” Without children, the man may think “my job” and perhaps a women may think “my appearance.” Ask a teenager and they may think “my car.” Give it a minute and I’m sure you can see how answers to this question can be all over the place.

So, let’s dig deeper and figure out what really matters, or more importantly what should.

Here’s the deal… there is only one person, guaranteed that you have to live with your entire life and that person is you. If you don’t recognize how much you matter, if you don’t love yourself unconditionally, how can you give someone else something you don’t have?

We are taught that it’s selfish to think that we matter, and it would be if it was at the expense of someone else. If you are connected to your Creator (or whatever you believe in) you would never choose anything other than what’s in the highest good for everyone. That’s why you need to completely tap into the belief just how much you do matter, because then, and only then will you be able to help others. You will be able to give to others what you have discovered within yourself.

I ask you “what matters?”

I tell you – you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment